A Rocha is a Christian organization. The scriptural call to care for all of God’s creation (people and places) is fundamental to who we are as an international family and why we are engaged in conservation of the natural world. We do the work of conservation with a wide range of people, including those who do not share our faith perspective and we welcome volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds.
A Rocha Core Values
Internationally, A Rocha has over 20 separate organizations, each with a unique expression or emphasis to their work. Given our broad spectrum of people and places, A Rocha has a set of core values that all organizations endorse. The following values and faith statement are shared by the entire A Rocha organization worldwide.
The 5 C’s of A Rocha
Christian – Underlying all we do is our biblical faith in the living God, who made the world, loves it and entrusts it to the care of human society.
Conservation – We carry out research for the conservation and restoration of the natural world and run environmental education programs for people of all ages.
Community – Through our commitment to God, each other and the wider creation, we aim to develop good relationships both within the A Rocha family and in our local communities.
Cross-cultural – We draw on the insights & skills of people from diverse cultures, both locally and around the world.
Cooperation – We work in with a wide variety of organizations and individuals who share our concerns for a sustainable world.
A Rocha Basis of Faith
We believe in…
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God – fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the Virgin Mary, truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Savior of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfill the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.