Wild Wonder is A Rocha’s newest Creation Care Camp designed for elementary school-aged children. The four year curriculum taps into children’s curiosity for the world around them. Through daily devotions in scripture, nature study and exploration, and hands-on science activities, the camp weaves wonder of the natural world into a deeper knowledge of Jesus and the created world. Each of the five days includes a trio of carefully crafted stations that encourage campers to play, learn, create, and worship.
- This first year of Wild Wonder called “Wonder” is designed for elementary school-aged children (5-9).
- This is a 5-day camp with lessons and activities designed for a 3-hour day (i.e. 9am-Noon).
- Camp works best outdoors, but many stations are adaptable for an indoor setting.
- The camp is designed for a total of 30-50 children with smaller groups of 10-15 children
that rotate through three stations during the camp day.
- Year one’s theme is WONDER: Lessons point to the overarching theme of Wonder for
all of the good gifts of creation that God has freely given. The wondrous works of creation
point to the goodness of God. He created a fantastic world, sustains it, and enjoys it
The curriculum bundle includes:
- Musical contributions from Rain for Roots, Slugs & Bugs, and more.
- 4 songs with instrumental tracks included
- Teacher Scripts and Lessons
- Welcome Activity for each day
- Bible devotions
- Art projects
- Hands-on science experiments
- Guided nature observation/exploration
- Closing script for each day
- Materials and Resource Lists
- Supplementary charts, PDFs, Nature Journal pages, and other printables